Scroll down for a transcript, how to subscribe, and more
Welcome to Episode #30 of Habitual Excellence, presented by Value Capture.
Our guest is Alyson Gordon, the assistant vice president for new talent strategies at Duke University Health System. Until recently, she was the chief human resources officer at Duke Raleigh Hospital, where she reported to Rhonda Brandon, who was our guest in Episode #15.
Today, host Mark Graban asks Alyson about these topics and more:
- How do develop everyone every day to see, solve and share problems?
- How do to it practically?
- How can we get better at seeing problems?
- What's a leader's role in modeling those behaviors?
- Where do you start?
- How have you brought past learnings into the talent acquisition space?
- How can H.R. avoid or prevent harm to employees, related to hiring or their paychecks?
- How do we make things simple when it comes to improvement?
This is our last episode of the year. We hope you enjoyed the first 30! We'll be back in January with a plan to release a new episode every two weeks instead of weekly as we did in 2020. Happy Holidays and best wishes for a safe and healthy New Year!
To make sure you don't miss an episode, be sure to subscribe today! Please rate and review the podcast.
Written by Mark Graban
Mark Graban is a Senior Advisor for Value Capture and has served healthcare clients for over 15 years. Mark is internationally recognized as a leading author and speaker on Lean healthcare.