Scroll down for a transcript, how to subscribe, and more
Dr. Mayer attended the University of Illinois at Chicago for both his undergraduate and medical degrees. He completed his internship and residency at Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center, followed by a fellowship in cardiac anesthesia. Additionally, he co-produced the patient safety educational film series titled “The Faces of Medical Error…From Tears to Transparency,” which won numerous awards including the prestigious Aegis Film Society Top Short Documentary Award.
In today's episode, host Mark Graban asks David about topics including:
- How did you take such an interest in healthcare quality and safety?
- What happened when you witnessed a surgeon lie to a patient about an error?
- What is the Seven Pillars Program?
- What is the CANDOR program?
- Is "zero harm" possible? How do you engage with people about that?
- What are your hopes for the Biden administration approach on patient safety?
- What is your "moon shot" effort? See video
- What do you remember about bringing Paul O’Neill in to speak at MedStar?
- Should there be a national patient safety authority?
Value Capture is proud to be an official partner of the Patient Safety Movement Foundation.
Podcast Main Page:
To make sure you don't miss an episode, be sure to subscribe today! Please rate and review the podcast.
Written by Mark Graban
Mark Graban is a Senior Advisor for Value Capture and has served healthcare clients for over 15 years. Mark is internationally recognized as a leading author and speaker on Lean healthcare.